At Swan Leisure our principal goal is to get the community active, with this in mind accessibility for all members of society is of top priority to us.
Building and Site Accessibility:
- Tactile paving and dropped kerbing is installed on all pedestrian approaches to the building
- Public transport available on our doorstep. The bus stop located directly outside our front door is served by many buses listed on our location page with wheelchair accessible buses on our routes. For more information regarding wheelchair accessible buses please contact Dublin Bus.
- The reception desk is constructed with staggered counter heights and also incorporates an induction loop
- Accessible toilets with alarm cords and safety rails are provided throughout the facility.
- Accessible changing room equipped with hoist and shower chair
- Sauna and steam rooms are fully accessible
- Low level large capacity lockers are available
- Consultations may be booked with our highly qualified staff members during which you can receive appropriate fitness programmes designed to suit individual needs
- All of our classes are fully accessible and group class in our aerobics studio and swimming pool are available on request
- Club signage is designed to cater for visually impaired users through Braille
- All areas of the facility are accessible via lifts
- Gym and pool programmes accessible via USB
We welcome and encourage customer feedback - an Accessibility Feedback Form is available at reception should you wish to make any informal comments or complaints. Our Access Officer is Gavin Finn who may be contacted directly for formal consultation via telephone or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
On your first visit to our club we kindly ask all guests to complete an optional guest registration form which includes a fitness evaluation form. Depending on your medical history we may ask you to provide a doctor's cert before you begin exercising so that we can make sure we are providing a safe environment for you to do so.
We are happy to work with you to create an exercise program that is safe and effective specifically tailored to your individual needs. Should you require a copy of our data protection policies please email info@Swanleisure.ie
We have been working with AsIAm to make our facility more user friendly for any of our members or guests who have Autism or sensory needs. We have created a Sensory Map to help you prepare for your visit to our club and provide routine and structure to what may otherwise seem like a chaotic experience. We also provide ear plugs at reception for anyone who would like to reduce the noiselevel while at Swan Leisure and if you would like a Social Story we can email you a copy to have at home. We have an Autism Friendly Hour every Friday from 5.15m-6.15pm. During this hour we dim the lights, switch off any music, turn off hair dryers and tog driers and do not make any unnecessary public announcements. Please feel welcome to share any suggestions that you may have to make our club more user friendly.